This recipe for Apple Cinnamon Raisin bread is sooooooo flavorful and moist, packed full of cinnamon, vanilla, shredded apples, raisins and pecans! With the change in season just around the corner, this would be a perfect treat on a fall day, especially with a cup of hot cocoa.
I’ve got to give a big shout out to the ladies at my office, who made the ultimate sacrifice in testing each batch of this recipe as I worked on getting it just right before sharing with you guys! It was a group effort as each version got closer and closer to the texture and flavor I wanted. Thankfully, the ladies at my office were willing to step up to the plate and give their feedback on each batch of bread I brought for testing. Oh the sacrifice! 😉 Version four of the recipe finally yielded the texture and flavor I was looking for, and now I get to share the recipe with all of you!
I love reading your feedback about the recipes you try, so please leave me a comment below sharing your thoughts!
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread with Pecans*
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- butter or coconut oil to grease the baking pan
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread pan with butter or coconut oil. Then, line the bottom of the greased pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine with almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple sauce and vanilla extra. Then add in the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Grate the apple using either a hand held grater or the grating attachment on a food processor. Once the apple has been grated, squeeze out all excess moisture and add the grated apple to the bread batter.
- Add raisins and pecans to the bread batter and mix to fully combine.
- Pour the bread batter into the greased and lined bread pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake the bread or 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Once the bread has finished baking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool on the counter for at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
*To make this bread into muffins, use a muffin pan and fill each well approximately half way. Then sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. The batter makes 14-16 muffins.