Creating recipes to share on this blog is fun, and I’ve got some great recipes to share with you guys in the coming weeks. I’m excited to share the yummy creations I’ve been whipping up in the kitchen.
A lot of the recipes I create make several servings, and there is no way that I can polish them off by myself (especially the dessert/treat recipes). What’s a girl to do? Thankfully, I have an amazing group of friends at my local crossfit box in Oklahoma City, CrossFit405, who help me polish off my creations.
I’ve been doing CrossFit for about 3 years, and I love the way it makes me feel. I love lifting heavy, and hitting PRs (personal records). I go to the 5:30 a.m. class during the week. Getting up that early is hard, but knowing I have a group of friends who are there to motivate and encourage me really helps! The ladies of 405 have become some of my best friends.
We hang out together:
work out together:
and attend local competitions together – even on different teams we cheer and encourage one another.
These ladies have been generous enough to volunteer to be by recipe testers 😉 Their opinions mean a lot to me, since I don’t want to share something on this blog that I’m not 100% confident in. I want you readers to feel comfort in knowing that several of these recipes are extensively tested, and given the thumbs up by several of these beautiful ladies. I think your taste buds will be just as happy as theirs were when you sample this Peppermint Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter, which I think tastes like Thin Mint cookies in a jar!
Peppermint Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter (Tastes like Thin Mint cookies in a jar!)
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used enjoy life brand)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon peppermint oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of the food processor, Using an S blade, turn the food processor on and process all of the ingredients together until it forms a creamy butter spread, approximately 8-10 minutes. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor every 2-3 minutes. If you want the mixture to be very smooth, continue processing the mixture another 5-7 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
Do you have people that motivate and encourage you to workout and stay healthy? I’d love to read about it in the comments section. If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!